Quotes From The Screwtape Letters With Page Numbers
Quotes From The Screwtape Letters With Page Numbers – 95+ C.S. Lewis has 99 best CS books about love, life, faith, bravery, and friendship from The Chronicles of Narnia, The Four Loves, and more. Lewis Quotes Here are quotes that capture the magic of childhood and reflect the mysteries of life.
In the year Born in Belfast, Ireland in 1898, C.S. Lewis is perhaps one of the most respected and beloved authors of all time. His popular classics range from the Chronicles of Narnia series to theologically-oriented Ordinary Christianity.
Quotes From The Screwtape Letters With Page Numbers
Much of Lewis’s childhood and adulthood was marked by conflict. After being discharged from the British Army after World War I, Lewis began publishing under the pseudonym Clive Hamilton. After 10 years, he finally published a book under his own name, The Pilgrim’s Regress.
C.s. Lewis Quotes
As one of the world’s most respected authors, Lewis’ words of wisdom continue to inspire countless readers and listeners. Here are our favorite quotes from CS Lewis about friendship, love, life and faith.
Over the course of his career, CS Lewis wrote many works on love. One of his most famous works, The Four Loves, was published in July 1960, four months before his wife’s tragic death. Soon after, he wrote Sorrow We Observed, in which he continued to explore his feelings through the lens of the past. Here are some of Louis’ inspirational and motivational words about love that will warm your heart.
1. “Love is nine-tenths responsible for any strong and lasting happiness in our lives.” – CS Louis, The Four Loves
2. “This is one of the miracles of love: it gives by its own magic the power to see, but not to be angry.” — CS
The Screwtape Letters: Preface And The First Five Letters
3. “To love absolutely is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will tremble and perhaps break. If you want to be sure of keeping it intact, you must give it to anyone, even to an animal. Pack it carefully with hobbies and small luxuries; avoid all combinations. Selfishly in a coffin or a corpse.” Close it carefully in a box. But in that box – safe, dark, motionless, airless – it changes. It will not break; it will not be broken, it cannot be destroyed, it cannot be saved. – C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
4. “When they learn to love their neighbors as themselves, they are allowed to love themselves as their neighbors.”—C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
6. “Grateful love sees and holds its breath and is silent, it is happy even if such a wonderful thing is not for him, it is not completely sad to lose her, it is better if I never saw her.” – C.S. Louis, The Four Loves
7. “Only love makes the difference. All the same principles that are evil in the world of selfishness and necessity are good in the world of love and understanding.” C.S. Lewis, Miracles
The Misquotable C.s. Lewis: O’flaherty, William, Root, Jerry: 9781532638435: Amazon.com: Books
8. “Love is not love if it is expressed loudly and often; it is like taking your furniture out to move it in public. It was very good in its place, but in the sunlight it looks too shabby or dry or terrible.” – C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
9. “Love forgives all ills and love still forgives them, but love cannot stop them from being removed.” – CS Lewis, The Problem of Pain
10. “If love is a blessing, not an affliction, it must be the only beloved beloved that never passes away.” – C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
CS Lewis grew up in a religious family following the Church of Ireland, but became an atheist in his teens. He eventually came back to Christianity while teaching at Oxford University, partly because of his close friend and writer J.R.R. Lewis Tolkien went on to write some of the most influential writings on Christianity in the 20th century. Here are some of Lewis’ most enlightening words about Christianity and faith.
The Screwtape Letters Is Packed Full Of Thought Provoking And Self Reflective Quotes Such As This One. I Highly Recommend It If You Haven’t Read It.
11. “God loves us, not because we are good, but because God loves us.” – C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
12. “People often think of Christian morality as saying to God, ‘If you keep many laws, I will reward you;’ If you don’t do it, I’ll do something else.’ I don’t think that’s the best way to look at it. I would rather say that every time you make a choice, you are changing the core part of you, the part you choose, into something slightly different from what it was before. And in your life as a whole, in your countless choices, throughout your lifetime, you are turning this central thing into a heavenly being or an infernal being… each one of us each time into one realm or the other.”—C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
13. “What can you really know about other people’s souls—their trials, their opportunities, their struggles? You know one soul in all creation, and it is she alone whose destiny rests in your hands. If there is a God, you are alone with Him.”—C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
14. “The Son of God became man, that men might become sons of God.” – CS Lewis, only Christianity
Are You Fearful For The Future?
15. We know that no one can be saved apart from Christ. We do not know that only those who know Him can be saved by Him.”—C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
16. “Every poet, musician, artist, but for grace, From the love of his speech, To the love of his speech, To the deepest hell, Can never seek God, But what they say of him.”—C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce
17. “In science we have been merely reading notes on a poem; in Christianity we find the poem itself.”—C.S. Lewis, Miracles
18. “The worldly man is kind to some people because he ‘loves’ them. The Christian, trying to be kind to everyone, gradually loves more people – including people he himself cannot even love.” Getting started” – C.S. Lewis, only Christianity
The Screwtape Letters By C. S. Lewis
19. At the end of all things, when the sun rises here and the twilight turns to blackness below, the Blessed One says: We live nowhere but in heaven; Lost, ‘We’ve always been in hell,’ they both say it right.”—C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce
20. “A lunatic cannot diminish the glory of God by refusing to worship Him, as a man who blots out the sun by writing the word ‘darkness’ on the wall of his cell.” – C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
22. “But God regards every soul as his first love, because he is its first love. Your place in heaven seems to have been made for you and you alone, because you were made for him – stitched together like a glove is made for a hand.” – C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Epic And Inspirational Adventure Travel Quotes — Navigate Content
23. “God has nothing but what God has and everything that God has.” – CS Lewis, Weight of Honor
Having lived through both world wars, Lewis was no stranger to doubt and fear. As an adult, he served actively during World War I and worked for the BBC Broadcasting during World War II. It is clear that Lewis’s life experiences greatly influenced his writings. Here are some of his quotes about bravery that we think will help you feel a little braver.
24. “Peter did not feel brave; Of course he felt sick. But it didn’t matter if it had to be done.”—C.S. Lewis, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
26. “Courage is not only one of the virtues, but is the form of all virtues in the place of trial, that is, in the highest reality.”—C.S.
The Screwtape Letters By C.s. Lewis
27. “Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes into view. At the sound of his roar, sorrow will be no more. When he looses his teeth, winter meets death. And when he shakes the river, we find spring again.” – C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
29. “I have come,” said a deep voice behind them. They turned and saw the lion. It was so bright and real and strong that everything else began to look pale and shadowy compared to it.”—C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
31. “I don’t think the forest would be so bright, the water so warm, and love so sweet, if there were no danger in the lakes.” – C.S. Lewis, Outside